This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use any of our services, interact with us online, apply for a position of employment within the company and become an employee of Stranks Removals & Storage Ltd.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when we collect personally identifiable information.
We know that privacy is important to everyone. It is the nature of our business that we need to collect, process, use and retain non-public personal information. It is important to us that our customers, employees and other individuals with whom we work can trust us in taking care of their non-public information. We are committed to respecting those individuals whose personal information we handle in operating our business and delivering our services in accordance with applicable law, our own policies and those of the professional standards to which we are certified.
Stranks Removals & Storage Ltd operate a strict Data Security and Information Assurance policy which sets out our commitment and instructions for maintaining and protecting the information we hold in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act (1998), GDPR regulations and the FIDI FAIM Privacy Principles, including:
- How people interact with us, either online or throughout the course of our services. Data collected is fairly and lawfully processed.
- We collect, process, store and disclose information only for the purpose intended and always according to a legal basis of processing, either with your consent, as part of a contractual agreement, due to a legitimate business interest or through our legal obligations regarding compliance. Data held is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- We ensure non-public data is protected by appropriate security procedures with significant access controls to safeguard from loss, damage or unauthorised access at all times and is only processed in line with your rights.
- We do not keep information for longer than necessary in order to fulfil required services and comply with legal regulations. We ensure that after this date information is securely disposed of or deleted.
- We strive to ensure the data we hold is accurate and up to date and provide reasonable access to individuals to view and update their information, where necessary.
- Data is not transferred to other countries without adequate protection
- Stranks Removals & Storage Ltd is committed to maintaining and protecting the information it holds on its customers and its operations. This includes protection from theft, loss or corruption through external or internal sources and contingency planning in the event of systems failure.
- Stranks Removals & Storage Ltd is committed to a policy of protecting the rights and freedoms of individuals with respect to the collection, processing and storage of their personal data (by electronic and/or paper means) and complies with The Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR regulations.
- All employees, partners, subcontractors and suppliers are responsible for ensuring that we protect the rights and freedoms of individuals in compliance with data protection laws.
- Employees, partners, subcontractors and suppliers should familiarise themselves with the Data Security and Information Assurance policy and their obligations under it, any non-compliance will be treated seriously and may involve disciplinary action.
2.1. WHEN YOU INTERACT WITH US ONLINE
When you fill out an online contact form with us we securely store this as use this information to contact you by phone or email.
2.1.1. Visitors to our website
When you visit www.stranks-removals.co.uk we use third-party services to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site for the purpose of improving our website experience for our customers. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow any third-party software provider to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
2.1.3. Search Engines
Search queries are logged anonymously to help us improve our website experience for our customers. Individuals cannot be identified from the data stored by us or any third party.
2.1.4. Security & Performance of our website
Strank’s Removals & Storage Ltd uses a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of the website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the website.
2.1.5. Social Media
2.1.6. People who email us
We monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Data provided within emails, relevant to the services we provide on your behalf is handled in accordance to Section 2.3 of this privacy notice.
2.2. When you enwuire or use our services
It is the nature of our business that we need to collect, process, use and retain non-public personal information and we know that privacy is important to everyone. It is important to us that our customers, employees and other individuals with whom we work can trust us in taking care of their non-public information. We are committed to respecting those individuals whose personal information we handle in running our business and delivering our services in accordance with applicable law, our own policies and those of the professional standards to which we are certified.
Strank’s Removals & Storage Ltd operate a strict Data Security and Information policy which sets out our commitment to maintaining and protecting the information we hold in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act.
2.2.1 Use of data processors
Data processors are third parties who provide elements of our service(s) for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
We will never sell your information to third parties.
2.3. People who make a complaint to us
When we receive a complaint from a person we make up a file containing the details of the complaint. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint.
We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide. We do compile and publish statistics showing information like the number of complaints we receive, but not in a form which identifies anyone.
We usually have to disclose the complainant’s identity to whoever the complaint is about. This is inevitable where, for example, the accuracy of a person’s record is in dispute. If a complainant doesn’t want information identifying him or her to be disclosed, we will try to respect that. However, it may not be possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
We will keep personal information contained in complaint files in line with our retention policy. This means that information relating to a complaint will be retained for six years from closure. It will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
Similarly, where enquiries are submitted to us we will only use the information supplied to us to deal with the enquiry and any subsequent issues and to check on the level of service we provide.
2.4. Information from third party data providers
We may receive some data from third party providers, for example if you have provided your contact details to a comparison website for the purpose of obtaining a quote. Whenever we contact you we will let you know which party you originally provided your data to. We will only process your data for the purposes agreed to and are committed to only using data from providers who are compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
2.5. When you apply for a job or are a current or former employee
Stranks Removals amp Storage Ltd acts as the Data controller throughout the process of recruitment, employment and deployment within the company, unless otherwise stated. If you have any queries about the process and how we handle your employment information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3.1 How we keep your information secure
Stranks Removals & Storage Ltd computers and all information stored on them are password protected and have a hardware firewall that prevents unauthorised intrusion into the network. Software solutions are also in place which constantly scan for malware and viruses on the network.
3.2. Hard copy and data files
All staff are required to ensure that any files not in current use are stored in filing cabinets that are locked at all times when offices are unoccupied. Any waste documentation produced is shredded and disposed of immediately.
3.3. Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
3.4. Data integrity and safeguards programme
To ensure continuity of availability of data, a number of measures are taken:
- A comprehensive back-up procedure is in operation.
- All databases are fully backed up, either daily or weekly.
4. Disclosure of personal information
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However, when we investigate a complaint, for example, we will need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies. Further information is available in our Data Protection and Information Policy about the factors we shall consider when deciding whether information should be disclosed.
5. Your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
- The right to be informed about how we collect and use your data
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data and to be 'forgotten'
- The right to restrict how we process your data
- The right to data portability for transfer of your data
- The right to object to processing of your data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling using your personal data
You can read more about these rights here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
6. Access to personal information
Stranks Removals & Storage Ltd endeavours to be as transparent as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing addressing it to the address provided below.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, contacting us.
7. Complaints and queries
Stranks Removals & Storage Ltd endeavours to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive very seriously. We actively encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice does not provide an exhaustive explanation of how we collect and use personal information, but it does aim to provide a clear and transparent summary, keeping your individual rights and best interests in mind. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed, should you require additional information. This can be obtained by making a request as detailed below in the “How to contact us” section.
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact us via email at email@example.com
8. Monitoring and enforcement
We monitor compliance with this procedure and our privacy notice. All parties responsible for compliance are aware that any breach may lead to action being taken against them.
Risk assessments will be undertaken and recorded by a Director of the company consultation with IT providers.
Action required to remove, or control risks will be approved and actioned by a Director of the company consultation with IT providers.
This procedure and related policies will be reviewed regularly in light of any legislative or other relevant developments.
If you believe your information is not handled in accordance with the applicable law or our privacy policies, you may submit a complaint to us by letter or email.
9. Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 24th May 2018.
10. How to contact us
Stranks Removals & Storage Ltd
Unit 5 Wotton Trading Estate